11/14/06

Collograph & Watercolor: Marmalade

Marmalade, 7 x 10 Collograph and Watercolor
Available for sale here.
This is all my friend Victor's fault. I watched him make a collograph print, and I *had* to try it. Collograph prints are created with a collage; assorted materials - in this case, construction paper - are glued to a substrate (mat board), inked and then printed.You can either use a relief method; roll ink on the top surface of the collage and then print it, or wipe the ink off the top, and print from the recessed areas and boundaries between the collage pieces, intaglio style. Either way, the results are striking and the method is addictive and reminiscent of elementary school glue pots and construction paper projects. Try it!




5 comments:

Janet said...

Very, very interesting technique, and the print has a unique look to it, not like your monotypes; a different texture perhaps. It's really lovely.

Ellen Shipley said...

Fantastic! I know you'd make the style your own. ;->

Katherine said...

Hi Belinda - I sooooooo wish I could see this, unfortunately you blog has joined the list of those I can't see images on. I do hope this impasse which seems to be relared to blogger beta finishes soon.

rjsimon34@yahoo.com said...

i am so glad to see this. it is a wonderful idea, can't wait to try. did you wipe the ink of or print with it rolled. your good. thanks joy

Katherine said...

Thanks for your subsequent e-mail Belinda - I'm blogging you and this very informative post today!